Global Reef Roamers has accepted the challenge to refuse single use plastics with Plastic Free July! Check it out! Sign up! Do your part to help change! Reuse, Recycle, Reduce!
The challenge is quite simple. Attempt to refuse single-use plastic during July.“Single-use” includes plastic shopping bags, plastic cups, straws, plastic packaging…basically anything that’s intended only to be used once and then discarded. If refusing ALL single-use plastic sounds too daunting this time, try the TOP 4 challenge (straws, plastic bags, plastic bottles &coffee cup lids).
- Attempt to refuse single-use plastic during July.
- Remember it’s not going to be easy! It is a challenge, not a competition so don’t worry about being perfect.
- Collect any unavoidable single-use plastic you buy. Keep in a dilemma bag and share it with us at the end of the challenge.
- It’s up to you regarding how long you participate. You might decide to go plastic-free for a day, a week, a month or longer! However long you choose will still make a contribution.
Why you should participate
- Apart from the small amount of plastic which has been incinerated EVERY piece of plastic which was ever produced still exists on earth somewhere. In the first 10 years of this century MORE plastic was produced than the entire last century!
- Australians send 1 million tonnes of plastic waste to landfill each year. Do your part to make a change.
- Why use something for a few seconds that is going to spend the rest of your life trying to break down in landfill? We really need to change our habits.
click here to visit site – Plastic Free July